Friday, July 9, 2010

Psychoanalysis in the US

After immigrating to the US, almost ten years ago, I realized that most of the people didn’t know anything about psychoanalysis. Worst still, most of those who had heard something about it, had a negative opinion of it.
Intrigued, I started researching. I quickly realized the inaccurate take on this subject by the textbooks. Later, I got to mingle with university professors that made it evident, for anyone with some understanding of the field, that they hadn’t read anything more than the wrong psychoanalytic references in the textbooks mentioned above.
Many reasons led psychoanalysis in America to this sad situation, I think. But there is one I want to mention: psychoanalysts have not been able to respond appropriately.
My idea is to use this blog to disseminate psychoanalysis and to respond to biases and errors that I keep finding.
This blog will far exceed my expectations if it manages to be useful for someone more than myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment